Saturday, March 27, 2010

weekend push

Today I have been working on researching publishers to submit my latest picture book manuscript to. I know I will at least be submitting to Charlesbridge (since I met an editor from this publishing house at a conference in January) and Barefoot Books. I was going to submit toFarrar, Straus, and Giroux, but found out some disappointing information. In case you didn't know, FSG (for short) is an imprint of Macmillan Publishing. Here's what I discovered under the contact information of FSG's site:

"As of January 2010, Farrar Straus Giroux Books for Young Readers, in compliance with The Macmillan Children's Publishing Group's policy, does not accept unsolicited manuscripts. We recommend finding a literary agent to represent you and your work. "

So my search continues for more publishers to submit to that accept unsolicited manuscripts. I may try Peachtree and Clarion for the heck of it since I submitted my last manuscript to them. Only 5 days before my (personal) deadline to send out my manuscript.

No comments:

Post a Comment